2021 Young Professionals Mentoring Program
The Young Professionals Mentoring Program (YMP) is an annual career and leadership development program, designed to empower young professionals with the skills they need to actualize their personal and professional goals.
Applications for the 2021 cohort are being accepted through February 28, 2021.
Benefits of the Fellowship
Fellows will benefit from Mentoring Relationships, Monthly Workshops, Community Projects, Individual Development Plan, Journal Presentations, Book Reviews and more.
- Mentoring Relationships: You will be mentored by seasoned professionals who are experienced to provide the necessary counsel over the course of the program year.
- Monthly Workshops: You will participate in monthly class sessions that improve your skills in career and networking, project management, personal mastery, entrepreneurship, emotional intelligence and much more.
- Community Projects: Your project team will be assigned as Consultants to a local non-profit to solve some of their most pressing challenges, including but not limited to, process improvement, business plan development, operational strategy design, feasibility studies, as well as marketing and monetization strategies.
- Individual Development Plans: You will receive guidance from your mentors in achieving the personal and professional goals set out in your Individual Development Plans.
- Journal Presentations: You will improve your public speaking skills through journal presentations and peer reviews.
- Book Reviews and more: You will read and analyze the opinions of bestselling authors and apply their ideology to selected topics.
Duration of the Fellowship
The fellowship begins March 2021 and ends December 2021
Criteria for Application
- Entry/mid-level professionals and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
Requirements of the Fellowship
- Full participation in all workshops, tasks and projects assigned to Fellows.
- Adherence to the policies and code of conduct.
- Complete the Online Application due Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 11.59pm EST
- In the Online Application, you are also required to submit your resume, a 250-word essay, and one Letter of Recommendation
- Still have questions? Attend our upcoming information session on Saturday, January 30th @ 11:00am via Zoom
- Register here for the session
- For more information, please send an email to: YMP@danielleadershipinstitute.org